Having muffins on hand can make your morning that much easier, just grab a muffin and head out the door.
These wholesome muffins won’t just fill your belly— they’re also naturally sweetened with cannabis-infused honey which can elevate all sorts of recipes, from baked goods, and teas, to salad dressings, savoury foods, and more.
Just note that the dosage will depend on the potency of your ingredients as well as the individual serving size. And, be sure to label these adult-only edibles to prevent accidental or unintended consumption.
Cannabis-Infused Honey Oat Muffins
Start to finish: 40 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 cup old fashion oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup cannabis-infused honey
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. In a bowl add the oats, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, all purpose flour, baking powder, and salt—mix until incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix.
4. Add the wet ingredients into the first bowl with dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. (Do not overmix)
5. Line your muffin tin with liners and fill ¾ high.
6. Place in oven for 15-17 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Note: Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Check out The Wellness Soldier for more recipes and to learn about the science behind cooking with cannabis.